I Loved You All The While
I told you I was sorry
I said I was wrong
I asked to try again
But you were already gone
You were here only a few days
A week, nothing more
My ears filled with all you had to say
But they stopped when you walked out the door
You told me I was perfect,
Said I was the one.
But your words turned worthless
After you had gone
I know I should move on
Trying to forget you
But I still have hope
That you really do like me like you said you do
So I keep on waiting
For you to come back
Meanwhile my heart is sitting here
On this worthless rack
I know I can't forget you
I'm not even gonna try
Even though part of me knows
Your words were just a lie
You made an impact in my life
Lord knows that much is true
So I'm gonna keep on living
Trying to remember you
For now I'll say goodbye
To you and your words
I'm still gonna keep them in my heart
Isn't that absurd?!?
I hope to see you one day
I have so much I want to say
Why did you leave,
When you promised you wouldn't?
Why did you pretend to like me,
If you knew you couldn't?
I'm just a little sad
It doesn't make sense to me
I can't possibly be mad
You mean too much to me
Your such a sweet guy
I hope you have a good life
Remember that there's someone out there
That really does care.
Goodbye for now
Maybe we'll see each other soon?
I can't help but admit
Before I go
I love you all the way to the moon
Goodbye my friend
I'll remember you to the end
Remember to smile
And know this:
I love you all the while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment