All I really need by Natalie Lynne Gallant
I wrote this for a friend.
ALL I REALLY NEED
So I have a little story that I must tell
It's about someone who was in love but fell
She knew the guy from High school
Back then he was just a fool
He is very tall and sorta lean
To me, He's the most amazing guy I've ever seen
So, I liked him for a couple of years,
Never told him though because of our peers
Then I got the courage and told him one night
I ws scared to death that we were gonna fight
But he said that was cool
and even "I like you too"
We didn't date 'cause I wasn't allowed
But we got to know each other and I was like "WOW!"
"This guy is perfect! He's gotta be the one!
Maybe my searching is finally done"
But then I went and made a stupid mistake
One that was more than I could take
I was afriad he'd leave; I was afraid he'd be gone
I prayed to God that I was wrong
And it seemed at first,
Like it was that way
It seemed like he was gonna stay
But then he went and said those six little words,
"I've lost my feelings for you"
OW! That really hurt
But I acted cool and said "ok"
"It wasn't meant to be" was what I wanted to say
But I couldn't get the words out of my mouth
They seemed to have all gone down south
But, please don't feel bad
It's ok
Maybe we'll look at this
And laugh one day
At least, I still have him as a friend
Don't worry about it
My broken heart will mend
Yes, I love him and always will
I made a pact with God, a secret deal
That he'll be alright and
Not worry about it
He'll find someone who will hopefully fit
That he'll go and live a happy life
One without issues and all the strife
But, I'm gonna go and be ok
My love for him,
I will not say
I have him as a friend
And that's all I really need
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment