Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Old Friend

My Old Friend by Natalie Lynne Gallant


Hey, do you remeber me?
I've known you since I was ten plus three
You were my best friend
You always had a hand to lend
But you weren't always right for me
You often made me see what you wanted me to see
You always directed my path
If I ever strayed,
You showed me your wrath
You always had plans for MY day
If I objected,
You had something to say
You sometimes gave me things I didn't need
Like alcohol, cigerattes, even weed.
I didn't really take them,
Just made you think so.
Who knew you'd stoop so low?
You were evil and cruel
Using me as some kind of tool
Trying to make me take your side
No wonder you lied!
But now we're through
I'm finally free of you
I'm off to live my life
There'll be no more of your strife
I'm making my own choices
I'm getting advice from good sources
No more of your plans, lies, or tricks.
My life is forever fixed
Now there's no more you
I won't do what you want me to
I just want to say one thing to you
Thank you for shaping me into someone new
I'm free to be who I want to be
So thank you... My old friend

No comments:

Post a Comment